Your private Guide will collect from your hotel. drive to the archeological site of Saqsayhuaman considered one of the most important temples in the Inca times after your visit you continue driving to Llama and Alpaca farm Awanacancha. Along this drive, you will stop in the beautiful viewpoints to see the amazing farming communities and the sacred valley, a large valley surrounded by Snowy peaks mountains, In the middle of the valley flows the Vilcanota or Urubamba River was very important during the Inca period for agricultural production until today. we used for irrigation systems for the production of corn, potatoes, quinoa, and vegetables in this valley and is one of the sources of the Amazon River. eventually, you will get to Pisaq archeological site where you will explore with your private guide. after you finish you will come down to the colonial town of Pisaq. Where you will explore the biggest local and handicraft market in the área. as well their specialty in this town is to make Empanadas. Type of bread. if you like you can try it after you will drive along this beautiful valley looking at the towns located on both sides as well as traditional Guinea pig restaurants if you want to see and try it, let your Guide know to stop. you will choose the list of recommended restaurants to stop for lunch. After lunch, you will visit Ollantaytambo archeological site. from here you will continue driving to visit Chincheros Community and archeological site. after you will return back to Cusco to your Hotel. this tour will take a full day. From 8:00 am. to 5:30 pm. Easy exploring day. lower altitude 2800mtrs above sea level.
PROFESIONAL TOUR GUIDE
All of our guide, Machu Picchu trails Peru, has a degree in tourism they studied at Cusco National University. They are passionate about sharing our Peruvian History, culture, gastronomy, and others, they are fluent in English speaking and many of them speak our local language (Quechua) they will make sure your safety and lifelong memories.
In this tour, we will include a one-night Hotel in Aguas Calientes. We can easily add extra nights before or after the tour if needed, let know our travel specialist, Upgrade Hotels are always possible. We can also book the tour without any Hotels if you prefer to book them on your own.
We provide private transportation through the sacred valley to the train station and back to your hotel. also is included around trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
The entrance fees are included to visit the sacred valley tour and Machu Picchu.
Train tickets are in expeditions tourist class around trip from Ollantaytambo if you would like to upgrade to Vistadome train the is $75 one way and $100 round trip from Ollantaytambo.
Beautiful mountains stand behind the citadel of Machu Picchu is an extra 45 minute hike until to the top when you book your tour ask for availability to make sure to added $75 to book your Huayna Picchu ticket. Nota. Not enjoyable for the people who are afraid of heights or vertigo.
We don’t include flights however we suggest booking LAN PERU. is the most reliable of the Airlines, especially with our weather conditions. There are other companies like AVIANCA, PERUVIAN, STAR PERU.
Tipping is always appreciated and should be based completely on your satisfaction. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your tours
This is strongly recommended for traveling anywhere. Especially for those of you who live at sea level. Cusco region is located over 3000m. 10,000 ft. Highly recommended to arrive at the list one day early of your tour starts to adjust to the altitude. As well it is suggested to have protection for missed tours.
Food is not included but we have listed very good restaurants that you can enjoy your meals, as well our tour guides can recommend you great places.
WHAT WE RECOMEND TO BRING
* Backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
* Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
* Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
* Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
* Cámara and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
* Sun block or sun cream.
* Hydrating cream for face and body.
* Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% deet – no malaria risk has been reported
* Toilet paper and tissues
* Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, dried fruits, etc. Please note that we do provide a snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it’s not included in our selection.
* Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca trail. Plastic water containers or comelback or metal ones are recommended.
* Optionally water sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far.
* Small towel
* Swimsuit (if you a extra day in Aguas Calientes town you can go to the hot springs)
* Cash in soles or in Dollars.
* Original Passport, travel insurance, any important health document you may have to follow any restrictions.
* Original international student identity card (in case you have applied for a student discount)
* Optional, walking sticks or hiking poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage inca trail) if not we have here for rent.
OPTIONAL SERVICES TO BE HIRED
An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for you at an additional cost depending on the Hotel you choose. Please note that if you wish to visit Machu Picchu again the following day, the additional cost of the entrance fee is not included.
Massage sessions: us$50 per 1-hour session our massage therapists have the highest recognition in Cusco.
RECOMENDED PACKING LIST FOR TREKS
Valid student card in case if you booked as a student
25lts or 30 lts daypack
Water battle or comeback at list with 2 lts of storage.
Footwear waterproof hiking boots.
4 or 5 hiking t-shirts, three hiking pants considering one nice outfit for Machu Picchu, 5 sets of undergarments, 4 pers of socks, one fleece and down jacket for cold nights, set for rain gears jacket and pants, sun hat, wool hat, headlamp, warm waterproof gloves, shoes for camp, quickdry small towel.
Battery charger. There is no place to plug in while trekking.
Sunscreen, face moisturizer, insect repellent, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, toothbrush and paste, toilet paper, personal medication, band aids, moleskin, and others.
Camara, pone, music player.