DAY 1: CHINCHERO, MARAS, MORAY, OLLANTAYTAMBO, TO AGUAS CALIENTES TWON.
The sacred valley of the Incas is known for its beautiful breathtaking views of the Urubamba mountain range. Today your private guide will pick you up from your hotel, you will drive to Chinchero villages where you visit and explore the archeological site then you will continue driving until Moray, experts today believe their grassy amphitheaters served as an agricultural research center in Inca times, for the circular architecture that provides a different microclimate each terrace. after we will drive to (salinas) salt pans. Along this drive, we will pass true the town of Maras, a small colonial town, very well known as providers of salt to the Cusco region back in Inca and colonial times. Salineras has over 3800 salt ponds still in use nowadays is owned by the local community of Maras and Pichinccoto, here you will have the opportunity to try the salty wáter coming underground as well as taste the salt who has a lot of minerals. After your visit, you will continue driving to Ollantaytambo considered as a last living Inca village where you will explore the town and the archeological site. after you explore your guide will take you to the train station. from here you will take the train for 1:45 hrs. to Aguas Calientes town, here you will pass the night in the Hotel.
DAY 2: EXPLORE MACHUPICCHU AFTERNOON BACK TO CUSCO.
After Breakfast, your guide will pick you from your hotel for a short bus journey to the entrance of Machu Picchu, today you will explore this magical Inca city and enjoy learning about it was built and discovered. for 3 hours. You will then have free time to wander around and if you got a Ticket for Wayna Picchu you can climb. Note. There are just 400 visitors allowed per day. You have to book in advance the entrance, with us In the afternoon we meet in the town of Aguas Calientes. From here we take the train back to Ollantaytambo or Poroy depending on the space and private transportation back to your Hotel Cusco.
PROFESIONAL TOUR GUIDE
All of our guide, Machu Picchu trails Peru, has a degree in tourism they studied at Cusco National University. They are passionate about sharing our Peruvian History, culture, gastronomy, and others, they are fluent in English speaking and many of them speak our local language (Quechua) they will make sure your safety and lifelong memories.
In this tour, we will include a one-night Hotel in Aguas Calientes. We can easily add extra nights before or after the tour if needed, let know our travel specialist, Upgrade Hotels are always possible. We can also book the tour without any Hotels if you prefer to book them on your own.
We provide private transportation through the sacred valley to the train station and back to your hotel. also is included around trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
The entrance fees are included to visit the sacred valley tour and Machu Picchu.
Train tickets are in expeditions tourist class around trip from Ollantaytambo if you would like to upgrade to Vistadome train the is $75 one way and $100 round trip from Ollantaytambo.
Beautiful mountains stand behind the citadel of Machu Picchu is an extra 45 minute hike until to the top when you book your tour ask for availability to make sure to added $75 to book your Huayna Picchu ticket. Nota. Not enjoyable for the people who are afraid of heights or vertigo.
We don’t include flights however we suggest booking LAN PERU. is the most reliable of the Airlines, especially with our weather conditions. There are other companies like AVIANCA, PERUVIAN, STAR PERU.
Tipping is always appreciated and should be based completely on your satisfaction. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your tours
This is strongly recommended for traveling anywhere. Especially for those of you who live at sea level. Cusco region is located over 3000m. 10,000 ft. Highly recommended to arrive at the list one day early of your tour starts to adjust to the altitude. As well it is suggested to have protection for missed tours.
Food is not included but we have listed very good restaurants that you can enjoy your meals, as well our tour guides can recommend you great places.
WHAT WE RECOMEND TO BRING
* Backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
* Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
* Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
* Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
* Cámara and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
* Sun block or sun cream.
* Hydrating cream for face and body.
* Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% deet – no malaria risk has been reported
* Toilet paper and tissues
* Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, dried fruits, etc. Please note that we do provide a snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it’s not included in our selection.
* Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca trail. Plastic water containers or comelback or metal ones are recommended.
* Optionally water sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far.
* Small towel
* Swimsuit (if you a extra day in Aguas Calientes town you can go to the hot springs)
* Cash in soles or in Dollars.
* Original Passport, travel insurance, any important health document you may have to follow any restrictions.
* Original international student identity card (in case you have applied for a student discount)
* Optional, walking sticks or hiking poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage inca trail) if not we have here for rent.
OPTIONAL SERVICES TO BE HIRED
An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for you at an additional cost depending on the Hotel you choose. Please note that if you wish to visit Machu Picchu again the following day, the additional cost of the entrance fee is not included.
Massage sessions: us$50 per 1-hour session our massage therapists have the highest recognition in Cusco.
RECOMENDED PACKING LIST FOR TREKS
Valid student card in case if you booked as a student
25lts or 30 lts daypack
Water battle or comeback at list with 2 lts of storage.
Footwear waterproof hiking boots.
4 or 5 hiking t-shirts, three hiking pants considering one nice outfit for Machu Picchu, 5 sets of undergarments, 4 pers of socks, one fleece and down jacket for cold nights, set for rain gears jacket and pants, sun hat, wool hat, headlamp, warm waterproof gloves, shoes for camp, quickdry small towel.
Battery charger. There is no place to plug in while trekking.
Sunscreen, face moisturizer, insect repellent, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, toothbrush and paste, toilet paper, personal medication, band aids, moleskin, and others.
Camara, pone, music player.