DAY 1: MORNING FLY FROM LIMA OR CUSCO TO PUERTO MALDONADO BOAT JOURNEY TO TAMBOPATA ECO LODGE.
Meet Perú host at the Airport of Puerto Maldonado, please look for your Machu Picchu trails host holding a sign with your name on it. Who will lead you during the fascinating 68 kilometers road and boat trip along the Tambopata River to the Ecolodge 23 km by vehicle 45 km by boat once we leave Puerto Maldonado behind, the forest vegetation will change from colonized deforested áreas to virgin rainforest. We will spend time on the river it will be one of the highlights of our expedition to the tropical forest ecosystem, offering the reach native flora and Fauna you will be lead by an experienced naturalist guide. along your boat journey perhaps you will see monkeys, agoutis, butterflies, trogons, toucans, macaws, parrots, and other bird species. When you get to the ecolodge in the evening you will have a slideshow presentation that provides a thorough introduction to the rainforest then you will have dinner after diner you will do a night excursion to see the many species of insects as well you will enjoy the unique sounds of the nighttime forest. after you will pass the night in the bungalow.
DAY 2: FOREST EXCURSION AND LAKE OF CONDENADO CANOEING.
AFTER AN EXCELLENT BUFFET BREAKFAST WE WILL TAKE BOAT FOR 20 MINUTES THEN WE WILL START OUR HIKE IN FOREST TRAIL TO EXPLORE CONDENADO OXBOW LAKE BY CANOE. IN THIS LAKE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE PIRANHAS, SWATHED IN RICH TROPICAL VEGETATION. WETLANDS ARE AMONG THE BEST PLACES IN THE FOREST FOR BIRDWATCHING AND THE OBSERVATION OF A VARIETY OF AQUATIC AND TERRESTRIAL FAUNA. CONTINUING OUR HIKE IN THE FOREST WE WILL SEE THE VARIETY OF NATIVE TREES AFTER YOUR EXPLORE YOU WILL RETURN TO THE ECO LODGE THIS AFTERNOON YOU WILL RELAX IN THE EVENING YOUR GUIDE WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU ABOUT THE CAYMANS AFTER DINNER YOU WILL GO TO SEARCH OF CAIMANS AND OTHER NOCTURNAL RAINFOREST SPECIES YOU WILL TAKE A BOAT AFTER YOUR NIGHT EXCURSION YOU WILL COME BACK TO THE LODGE.
DAY 3: MORNING RIVER JOURNEY BACK TO PUERTO MALDONADO AND FLIGHT BACK TO LIMA OR CUSCO.
AFTER A LOVELY BREAKFAST WE WILL TAKE OUR BOAT BY TAMBOPATA RIVER THIS IS A EXCELLENT TIME OF THE DAY FOR WILDLIFE OBSERVATION, AS THE FOREST AWAKENS, AND LOOKING OUT FOR RAINFOREST FAUNA FROM OUR BOAT WITH THE HELP OF OUR SPECIALIST GUIDE, IT WLL BE A PERFECT WAY TO BID FAREWELL TO PERU’S AMAZON JUNGLE.
WHAT WE RECOMEND TO BRING
* Backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek.
* Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
* Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
* Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
* Cámara and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
* Sun block or sun cream.
* Hydrating cream for face and body.
* Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% deet – no malaria risk has been reported
* Toilet paper and tissues
* Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, dried fruits, etc. Please note that we do provide a snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it’s not included in our selection.
* Water container and water for the first morning. Important notice: plastic water bottles are no longer allowed into the Inca trail. Plastic water containers or comelback or metal ones are recommended.
* Optionally water sterilizing tablets in case you pick up water from streams or rivers along the route otherwise, we provide filtered boiled water, which is safe to drink and has not reported any health problem so far.
* Small towel
* Swimsuit (if you a extra day in Aguas Calientes town you can go to the hot springs)
* Cash in soles or in Dollars.
* Original Passport, travel insurance, any important health document you may have to follow any restrictions.
* Original international student identity card (in case you have applied for a student discount)
* Optional, walking sticks or hiking poles (rubber covers required in order not to damage inca trail) if not we have here for rent.
OPTIONAL SERVICES TO BE HIRED
An extra hotel night in Aguas Calientes can be booked for you at an additional cost depending on the Hotel you choose. Please note that if you wish to visit Machu Picchu again the following day, the additional cost of the entrance fee is not included.
Massage sessions: us$50 per 1-hour session our massage therapists have the highest recognition in Cusco.
RECOMENDED PACKING LIST FOR TREKS
Valid student card in case if you booked as a student
25lts or 30 lts daypack
Water battle or comeback at list with 2 lts of storage.
Footwear waterproof hiking boots.
4 or 5 hiking t-shirts, three hiking pants considering one nice outfit for Machu Picchu, 5 sets of undergarments, 4 pers of socks, one fleece and down jacket for cold nights, set for rain gears jacket and pants, sun hat, wool hat, headlamp, warm waterproof gloves, shoes for camp, quickdry small towel.
Battery charger. There is no place to plug in while trekking.
Sunscreen, face moisturizer, insect repellent, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, toothbrush and paste, toilet paper, personal medication, band aids, moleskin, and others.
Camara, pone, music player.